Draw alphabets using lines and curves
This kit is to help the students in using very simple shapes and steps to draw (write) the alphabets. A line and a curve is all what they need to know in advance.
The curves are a circle, semi- circle and ¼ of a circle.
There is also one dot in the kit for the i and j.
The lines come in 4 sizes and the curves come in two.
· 4 equally distributed lines to draw the letters
· 11 shapes each being copied the maximum number of times it will be used to make any letter
· One sheet for each alphabet both in upper and lower case versions showing how it could be assembled using the shapes
How to prepare:
1. Make one copy and laminate the contents of the kit for each student
2. Cut the shapes around the edges from the shapes sheet and put them in a small plastic bag for continuous use
3. Put the shapes and the pages in one folder
4. May you’d like to prepare few extra copies especially of the shapes one in case of loss.
How to use:
For each letter give the student the sheet of this letter, the 4 lines sheet and the small bag that contains the shapes.
Ask the student to look for the proper shapes that make the letter and to make his own on the 4 lines sheet. Then the student can compare his/her own work against the shape of the letter.
You can give the student another copy of the 4 lines sheet (this needs to be prepared in advance) with a white board pen to write the letter. Since it is laminated it can be erased and reused.