Weather and climate
The aim of this kit is:
To teach the students the meaning of both the weather and the climate, the components of each, the factors that affect each, and the difference between them.
The contents are:
- Power point presentation which is full of images.
- Teacher’s notes
- Worksheets for the students
How to use this kit:
- Print one copy of the weather components table for each student
- Print 7 copies of the climate document for each student
- All documents can be stapled to make a journal for the topic
- Play the presentation
- It shows the components of the weather, the tool to measure each, and the unit
- Give the students time to fill in the table row after the other as you go with the discussion
- The components mentioned are temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, atmospheric pressure, relative humidity, cloud, fog and mist.
- After that the presentation shows the components of the climate one after the other.
- Discuss each then give a chance for the students to fill one sheet for each climate factor.
- The factors discussed are the sun, lithosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, atmosphere, biosphere, and the human effect.
- There is a teacher’s reference sheet containing all the info needed for the discussion.
- The presentation is full of images and not much writing so there is a chance for the teacher to use the image as an enhancer for the discussion.