Teaching thinking skills is the best gift educators can give
Being an educator for the 21st century generation is a real challenge.
Getting up to minute updates, predicting the coming changes and hence knowing what should be done ahead of time is what a professional educator does.
Having a good subject background and mastering effective teaching methods is merely the beginning.
Our aim is helping today's educators in their journey towards professionalism, and hence, helping the coming generations to become successful in coping with the ever changing unknown future.
We provide a range of training courses which are continuously updated for teachers, parents, and students.
Our certificates for the teachers' training courses are issued by the Canada Global Consulting and Training Centre.
We also produce a range of educational products like games, books, teaching kits, and even single worksheets to be ready for use in the class room.
We chose to have an Arabic name for our institute which has the meaning of lifelong learning.
These are some of the topics that we cover during our training:
· Differentiation in education: teachers look at students differently according to their individual differences and prepare activities accordingly
· Authentic assessment: teachers prepare real world tasks to assess the students
· The art of persuasion: teachers use several tips to persuade students with a certain idea, and teach the students how to do that as well
· Cooperative learning: teachers prepare activities for groups making sure that every student has a task
· Educational games: games can be prepared and modified to suit many lessons and levels to make the learning process fun and memorable
· The art of questioning: braking down an idea into chunks and giving hints for students to build that idea or piece of info rather than getting it directly from the teacher
· Using graphic organizers to teach thinking skills: our brains visualize ideas and training these brains is best done using the way they work which is visuals
· Using flash cards in education: teachers can break the lesson into cards of different kinds, using them one after the other to build a big mind map of the whole lesson. In addition, students can be part of every single minute of the lesson
· Book projects as a way to make kids like reading: book projects are simple interesting tasks that can be prepared by the teachers to encourage kids read books. These activities can be used to prepare a show by the end showing the students work where students can each talk about his projects to the visitors like parents, other teachers and students
· Paper puppets and drama: drama is very effective in education since it enhances all the senses and feeling to work. Preparing a scene and performing it can be easily done using different kinds of paper puppets that suit all kinds of lessons, even chemistry, physics, and math.
· Mind mapping and enhancing memorization: how to make a mind map that helps in efficient studying
· Interesting homework: the more interesting the homework is the more efficient it is as students will like doing it
· The art of giving feed back in education: what type of feedback should be given when? and how?
· Teaching parents how to help their kids to study: studying when going back home can be much enhanced with the parents help specially in the early stages
· Work sheets: different kinds and purposes
· How to start and end an academic year: memorable activities
· 21st century skills: what are they and how to learn them?
· The learning cycle: it’s stages and how to use it in preparing a unit/lesson plans and teaching kits
· Using technology in education : up to minute applications and ideas are discussed
· Digital citizenship and media literacy : what are they what is their impact on the students
· Debate and creative writing: how to use these to train students on the principles of persuasion
· The new teacher: a starting kit